What if I could show you an app that had the potential to connect you with your audience, while helping you make more money, and you could do it all from your phone?
Sound too good to be true?
Keep reading to see why I feel the Symposium App is an excellent opportunity for bloggers, influencers, business owners, and anyone else looking to make money online.
Welcome to the Symposium App
Note: this is a non-sponsored objective review.
What is Symposium?
Sound too good to be true?
Symposium is a worldwide marketplace that connects people – business professionals, celebrities, athletes, fitness coaches, social media trendsetters, and many more users by way of scheduled video chats, voice chats and live pay-per-view broadcasts.
Essentially, Symposium provides the opportunity for anyone to monetize their expertise.
Sellers of services simply use the free app by downloading it from the Apple App Store, Google Play, or launched via the Symposium web app at staging2.symposium.us. Consumers wanting services likewise can quickly connect with influencers, celebrities, and experts in virtually any profession or area of interest.
Sellers can set up a listing about their event simply and easily by entering in a brief description of their service, their available times, and the duration. Services may fall into one of three categories:
- SymTalk – This is a one-to-one scheduled video chat session with a buyer of a service, which could include consulting, tutoring, or a meet-and-greet.
- SymCast – A scheduled one-to-many LIVE streaming session that allows the sharer to broadcast to a broad audience. This pay-per-view style stream is perfect for live performances, makeup tutorials, youth sports, and fundraising where attendance is limited by travel, time, or space constraints.
- SymGram – This feature enables one to offer a personalized video message in the form of a birthday greeting, graduation congratulation, or well wishes to friends and families. Influencers such as entertainers, sports figures, CEOs, or politicians would find this feature to be an excellent form of new social media.
Initially, I had discovered the app indirectly. I had recently conducted a few success story interviews, and they were using the app. Intrigued, I sent Symposium a direct message and asked to learn more about the App.
When I first started looking into the platform, I could see the potential for an influencer or celebrity. However, I was uncertain how a side hustler, like a blogger, a business owner, or someone with less media pull would use the app.
Luckily, Symposium has a fantastic team, and they walked me through the whole process, and I am grateful they did because now I’m hooked. I even launched my coaching session on the app.
Why it is worth your time
The Symposium App manages to solve several problems faced by brands, influencers, bloggers, and even traditionally offline businesses like coaches, consultants, and counselors.
The App is straightforward to use
If you have ever made a phone call. Used Skype or FaceTime, you will immediately be familiar with how to use the app.
SymTalk works like a phone call or video facetime chat and would be suitable for anyone that would want to have a one-on-one conversation.
- CPA’s, financial advisors, and money coaches could use the app for planning sessions
- Fitness professionals could use the app to offer private training sessions, without the need to drive to a client’s home
- Web and IT professionals could use the app to coach clients how to set up their website, hook up their computer, or walk them through installing software
The possibilities are truly endless.
SymCast works more like a webinar; where the seller broadcasts a presentation or event to multiple people. If you have ever been on a GOTO my meeting or Facebook live event, you will be familiar with how SymCasts work.
- A yoga instructor could use a SymCasts to broadcast classes to people in their home
- Web professionals could SymCast classes on SEO or online marketing
- Podcasters can provide live casted episodes of their podcast
- Gamers could broadcast out live gaming sessions
- Travel photographers could use SymCasts remotely in any location in real-time
- Schools and local theater companies could use the app to broadcast live plays and musicals.
A SymCast is an excellent way for a school to fundraise; the school play could be ‘SymCasted’ to the family members of the students or any user who would like to support local schools.
Considering that the host can charge whatever they see fit for their event, and participants pay to view, the host has the potential for unlimited income.